PS Tulip B

The RP-3 (Rocket propelled 3 inch) was a British Rocket used in WW2 though primarily as a Air to Ground weapon, it saw limited use in other roles. It's 60 lbs (27Kg) war head gave rise to its other name of the ''60 lb. rocket'' The 25 lb. (11.3 kg) variant a sold shot armour piercing variant was referred to as the ''25 lb rocket''.

They were generally used by fighter bomber aircraft against targets such as Tanks, Trains, Motor Transport, Buildings and by Coastal Command and Royal Navy aircraft against U-Boats and shipping

PS Tulip D

Tank Use

In 1945 some Sherman Tanks were fitted with two rails one on either side of the turret, to carry two 60 lb rockets. These were used at the rhine crossing by Tanks of the first Coldstream Guards.
The tanks were called Sherman Tulips tanks fitted were the conventional Shermans and also the more armoured Sherman Fireflies

PS Tulip C
PS Tulip F

The Leichter Panzerspahwagon roughly in German; ''Light Armoured Reconnaissance Vehicle'' were a series of light 4 x4 wheel armoured carsproduced by Nazi Germany from 1935 to 1944.

They were produced by Eisenwerk Wesserhutte of Bad Oeynhause, the chassis were built by Auto Unio of Zwickau and assembled by F.Schichau of Elbing and Mashinenfabrik Niedersachsen in Hanover-Linden.

It used the standard Horch 801 (heavy car) chassis with an angled armoured body and turret.

Therear mounted engine was a 67 KW. (90 hp) Horch petrol unit giving a top speed of 80 kmh (50 mph) and a cross country speed of 40 km/h (25 mph) it had a max range of 300 km (186 miles).

An Amoured car receiving some TLC in the Desert Shade

A six wheeled later variant of the Light Armoured car also 6 x 6 all terrain drive.

PS Sd,Kfz 222  C
PS Sd,Kfz 222  B
PS Sd,Kfz 222  D

------o----O----o------

Stalingrad